[Exherbo-dev] Very minor bug in the installation guide

Tom Trauth coffee71 at optimum.net
Sat Aug 6 15:09:45 BST 2011

The command:

echo LANG="en_US.UTF-8" > /etc/env.d/99locale

Results in a 99locale file that contains:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

To keep the double quotes and get:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

The command should be changed to one of the following:

echo LANG=\"en_US.UTF-8\" > /etc/env.d/99locale

echo 'LANG="en_US.UTF-8"' > /etc/env.d/99locale

This is extremely trivial since the value en_US.UTF-8 does not need to be
quoted, and I do not mean to nitpick, but I just wanted to help by pointing
this out.

Regards,

Tom

PS: The kernel section of the installation guide is a bit out-of-date since
the latest kernels are no longer in the "v2.6" directory.