[Exherbo-dev] Unmasking GHC 7.0.4

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:54:57 BST 2011

On 3 August 2011 17:17, Markus Rothe <markus at unixforces.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to unmask GHC 7.0.4. Unfortunately there is no good method to
> upgrade packages that depend on GHC. In general I follow this
> procedure:
>
> 1. Upgrade GHC
> 2. Save/memorise currently installed packages depending on GHC
> 3. Uninstall all packages that depend on GHC
> 4. Use eclectic to update ghc and hsc2hs links
> 5. Install haddock
> 6. Install all packages from step 3
>
> Your mileage may vary.
>
> If nobody objects I'll unmask GHC 7.0.4 shortly.

I've just unmasked and built 7.0.4 myself, without having 6.12.3
installed before hand.  A couple of things I've found:

* Line 230 of the exlib ( edo mv "${IMAGE}/${src}"
"${IMAGE}/usr/bin/haddock-ghc-${SLOT}" ) fails, as
${IMAGE}/usr/bin/haddock-7.0.4 is a symlink to haddock-ghc-7.0.4 (at
least when bootstrapping).  I don't know if this occurs for earlier
versions of GHC as well.  I currently have a patch for this that
assumes this only occurs for ghc >= 7.

* I don't think the alternative line in the haddock exheres is
correct, as only one alternative is available in eclectic after
installing it (i.e. the GHC haddock).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com