[Exherbo-dev] eglibc exheres request

Vasiliy G Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Wed Oct 6 08:04:20 BST 2010

В Срд, 06/10/2010 в 07:58 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh пишет:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:52:01 +0400
> Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:
> > > And why does that need to be in an initramfs? You can just put all
> > > that on a normal filesystem. An initramfs is just for the things
> > > you need to get your root filesystem mounted.
> >
> > Now, i can't pu Xorg on normal filesystem because i'm install on fresh
> > clean disk. It not contains partition table on other stuff. A have a
> > linux kernel that supports my hardware and initramfs that parse kernel
> > command line bring up network and do other stuff.  After that i can
> > run ncurses based install and graphical..
>
> Uh, so mount your image from elsewhere.

Yes, as i see - i can do minimal initramfs that parses kernel command
line , bring up netwrok and if user choose ncurses install - download
this installer, if choose graphical - download X-based installer.
Thank You for suggestions. Can You provide me some other good ideas? :)

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>
Selfip.Ru