[Exherbo-dev] Exherbo is moving

Bryan Østergaard bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 22:48:16 BST 2010

Due to a very kind sponsor we have a brand new (and beefier) server now than
the one we've used so far. This means that we'll be moving services off the
old server gradually over the next week or so.

The specific timeline depends on availability of the infrastructure team but
the very loose plan right now is to move all the web services, dev mail and
developer homedirs sometime during the next couple of days followed later by
git. The old developer machine (bach.exherbo.org aka dev.ex.erhbo.org) will be
available for a short while after syncing all the data over to the new
server. I'll
switch over dev.exherbo.org to point to tchaikovsky.exherbo.org soon after
all the data is copied and dev-mail will likewise be moved to that box.

I expect the process to be fairly smooth but don't be surprised if there's a
few small outages - that just means we're working on the machinery behind the
scene.

More specific announcements will be sent to the exherbo-dev mailing list as
work progresses. Status updates will also be added to the #exherbo topic on
irc://chat.freenode.net.