[Exherbo-dev] Exlib cleanup

Ingmar Vanhassel ingmar at exherbo.org
Wed Oct 21 23:23:21 BST 2009

Bo & me had a look at our exlibs in arbor, and I made a little list of
which (parts of) exlibs we could remove from Exherbo.

Thoughts or comments?

- eutils.exlib:
  enewuser(), enewgroup(): Only only versions of hal use this, so as far
  as I know these can go. The latest version uses Accounts.

- fixheadtails.exlib: Two packages used this unnecessarily (exim, pth),
  I've just fixed these. OK to remove?

- mount-boot.exlib: Nothing uses this. Is it useful?

- toolchain-funcs.exlib:
  * tc-getPROG() and all its wrappers. As I understand it, these're only
    useful for crosscompiling, which exhereses currently don't support
    at all. I propose removing them and figuring out the proper way to
    handle these when we add crosscompiling support.
    These are used in quite some packages.
  * gcc-specs*() and friends. One package uses this (pycrypto), and I'm
    not sure it needs to.

--
Exherbo KDE, X.org maintainer