[Exherbo-dev] new distfiles mirror setup

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh ilya at total-knowledge.com
Tue Nov 24 13:47:53 GMT 2009

Kim Højgaard-Hansen wrote:
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
>> Kim Højgaard-Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> 6. when distfiles are removed from distfiles.exherbo.org at least all
>>> the GPL ones should be kept (forever?), this is also handled manually
>>> and eating up my server space :) we have ~14GB of old distfiles now
>>>
>> Why? We aren't distributing binaries. We have no obligation to
>> distribute the sources either.
>>

> we have stages

Ah, so, we have to distribute sources of versions
used to build stages we publish. One idea that comes
to mind, is using the installed repo from those
stages to gather the information about sources in
question. I think that should be easy enough to automate.

--
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
http://www.total-knowledge.com