[Exherbo-dev] Profiles proposal

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:17:48 GMT 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:49:38 +0000
Bo Ørsted Andresen <zlin at exherbo.org> wrote:
> Each parent can revert things in preceding parents. Every
> subdirectory has .. as implicit parent.

I hate this. It means we have to work out when to stop, which is by no
means entirely obvious.

One thing that's not been addressed: how does this work across multiple
repositories? We probably want a way of letting supplemental
repositories define their own profile bits (defaults, suboptions etc)
in a way that meshes nicely with the main profile.

Just have the mangler look both in arbor/profiles/foo/bar and
supplemental/profiles/foo/bar when it's using a profile that mentions
"foo/bar" as its path thing?