[Exherbo-dev] [ANN] sydbox-0.1_beta

Ali Polatel polatel at gmail.com
Sat May 30 09:19:10 BST 2009

And at the end of a sleepless night, here's another test release.

About
=====
sydbox is a ptrace based sandbox.

What's new?
===========
* Fix bogus access violations. As an example sydbox would
  throw an access violation in a simple case like
  $ mkdir -p /var/tmp/paludis
  because of mkdir("/var", ...) being called.
  This is now fixed.
* Use glib's key file format for configuration file. This kills the
  dependency on dev-libs/confuse. Being a crucial system tool we're
  trying to keep the dependencies as few as possible.
* Many other small fixes.

Testing
=======
See http://alip.github.com/sydbox/index.html#testing

Porting
=======
Supported operating systems: Linux
Supported architechures: x86, x86_64
If you are interested in porting sydbox to other systems poke me (alip)
or compnerd on irc or leave a mail to either of us.

Download
========
tarball: http://alip.anapnea.net/sydbox/sydbox-0.1_beta.tar.bz2
sha1sum: 492a140d9472695fac0de5040aa2fb7ed5832c48

Ali Polatel