[Exherbo-dev] Replacing categories take 27 zillion

Gaute Hope eg at gaute.vetsj.com
Sun May 24 10:53:30 BST 2009

Another idea: Does it need to be a strict on-disk layout? Why not let
each repository handle things like they want apart from having to keep
the packages in packages/, I can imagine the aa, ab, ba, .. layout
gets difficult to browse manually; you won't have any idea how many
packages are where, and you wouldn't get an overview unless you did ls
-R.. in which case there isn't much point in having subdirs anyway.

With no strict layout, small repositories would probably just put
everything in the root, in x11 you could keep something similiar to
what it is now; prototypes, servers.. to keep maintaining - and manual
browsing - simpler.

An option is to make repositories choose one of a few available
options and stick to that, either keep everything in the root, or use
something like i suggested for x11.. and so on..

- gaute