[Exherbo-dev] Replacing categories take 27 zillion

Gaute Hope eg at gaute.vetsj.com
Sat May 23 19:30:24 BST 2009

On 2/15/09, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:43:42 +0100
> Bryan Østergaard <bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So the biggest repositories we have atm is arbor with almost 400
>> packages and x11 with 316 packages. And most repositories are about
>> 100 packages or even less.
>
> What're absolute numbers for first two letters, last two letters or
> first and last letter? How many subdirectories do we end up with, and
> how many things are in each subdirectory?

A dirty script (no laughing..) i wrote gave me these numbers for my
currently installed repositories on how many folders you would get for
each repository using the different methods (f & l = first and last):

script: http://dpaste.com/47019/ (no guarantees.. and it overwrites
/tmp/packages in case you got one..)

output attached.

- gaute