[Exherbo-dev] Metadataify your repositories

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 02:00:56 BST 2009

Everyone who's to blame for a repository, please create a file named
metadata/about.conf with the following:

    homepage = http://wherever/
    summary = One sentence description
    description = Longer, if you like.
    owner = Your Name <foo at bar.baz>
    status = core|dev|third-party|experimental

There's not always an obvious owner. We probably won't be specifying
owners for core repositories, for example. On the other hand, if
there's not someone we can contact, you're liable to just vanish
off ::unavailable-unpackaged etc if something goes wrong.

Status should be third-party, unless it's hosted by us on git.e.o. You
can use 'experimental' for temporary branches and the like.

This information is mostly for users, not the package mangler. There's
nothing to stop people lying in this file, but if they do, we just
won't list them anywhere.

Anyone who doesn't have this file at some arbitrary date in the not too
distance future will be ignored by Summer ':3