[Exherbo-dev] Option default to on

Ingmar Vanhassel ingmar at exherbo.org
Thu Mar 12 18:23:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 07:13:14PM +0100, Michael Croes wrote:
> How many profiles will there be by default? *All* gentoo profiles suck
> regarding default options, so I always use -* and set what I like... Also a
> lot of options have entirely different consequences for different apps.
> Perhaps in combinations with sets it would be possible to create sane
> defaults in profiles...
> Regards,

Hopefully as few as possible, since every extra profile means more
maintenance. On the other hand, on Exherbo profiles don't need to be in
arbor, so if anyone doesn't like how we handle them, they can keep
profiles in their own repos, should they want to...

When you use a distro as configurable & flexible as Exherbo, or Gentoo,
expecting the defaults to be exactly what you want is silly though. :)

--
Exherbo KDE, X.org maintainer