[Exherbo-dev] scm goals
ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:08:47 GMT 2009
What specifically do we want to be able to do with scm packages?
'revision' here is an SVN revision, a git commit ID or somesuch. Dunno
what we're doing for CVS, but assume a related concept exists.
* Identify with which revision an installed package was built.
* Let the user specify a particular revision to use when installing an
* Let the user specify whether or not to reinstall scm packages whose
revisions haven't changed.
* Know, at user option, at pretend-install time whether or not a given
scm package will really be reinstalled.
* Know, at user option, at pretend-install time which revision will be
* Be able to fetch scm packages in the background, like we'll be doing
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Exherbo-dev