[Exherbo-dev] Google Summer of Code

Jonathan Dahan jedahan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:16:22 GMT 2009

About Genesis, if it is too big a project for GSOC, that doesn't mean you
can't take a smaller part and make that the entire project. As long as you
can clearly describe deliverables 'Improvements to the init system in
Exherbo' or 'Configuration parsing system for Genesis' or whatever you
actually need to help move Genesis along, it can be a successful GSOC
project.

+1 for a remote-ids client. Doesn't seem to small or too big a project, and
would be damn useful.

I think it is important to define Exherbo's goals with the GSOC first, but
with the deadline fast approaching I will just throw up ideas to see if
anyone likes them. More details are needed for the real proposals, of
course.

* A build system that could target a livecd/liveusb/vmware image/openvz
image.
* A build system that could ease the creation of 'spins' of Exherbo.

- Jonathan