[Exherbo-dev] Upcoming X.org changes

Ingmar Vanhassel ingmar at exherbo.org
Sun Jun 21 21:21:28 BST 2009

Excerpts from Ingmar Vanhassel's message of Tue Jun 16 03:22:06 +0200 2009:
> Hello list,
>
> With the upcoming mesa-7.5 release, I'd like to replace the
> eclectic-opengl module (inherited from Gentoo) with an alternatives
> based solution. So far, I've ripped out the eclectic module, a
> preliminary patch is available at
> http://dev.exherbo.org/~ingmar/x11-add-mesa-7.5-remove-eselect-opengl.patch
> (This patch also includes mesa-7.5-rc3 with gallium bits).

I've just merged this to ::x11, masked. If you're using close-source
drivers this will likely overwrite your proprietary libGL.so.
I will fix that before unmasking.
Either don't unmask, or reinstall your binary blobs afterwards...

> I still have to work out the "use alternatives" part for libGL.so &
> friends.

Will get to that soon... ;)

-Ingmar

--