[Exherbo-dev] || dependencies

Gaute Hope eg at gaute.vetsj.com
Mon Jul 13 20:35:21 BST 2009

Excerpts from Arne Janbu's message of må. juli 13 21:20:07 +0200 2009:
> On Monday 13 July 2009 20:55:31 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > Do we need || dependencies? If so, why? What are they used
> for?
>
> I had a package that depended either on nautilus or on kdebase
> (konqueror). That was acetoneiso2.
>
> I don't know how to solve this other than using a || dependency.

And what about different opengl providers? They conflict and you need
one of them. Adding all to || deps for all packages that need one
doesn't seem like a good idea. PROVIDING/REPLACING/CONFLICTS variables
do tend to cause a mess though.

- gaute