[Exherbo-dev] Magic accounts

Mike Kelly pioto at pioto.org
Thu Jan 22 19:39:19 GMT 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:07:01 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is this enough to merge accounts to master and start using it? What
> other features, if any, are needed before we can have a usably working
> implementation?

Where do default values / ranges of values for these things get specified?
(Are we just using /etc/default/useradd or whatever?)

Also, do we record in some file which users/groups we added?

What if we need to change something about a user/group (such as, ntp
upstream decides it needs to use a new UID or something)?

--
Mike Kelly