[Exherbo-dev] Distributing cache

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 22:39:17 GMT 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:33:12 +0100
Michael Croes <mycroes at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you sync foo in january xxxx and arbor in februari xxxx there's a
> potential mismatch too. Perhaps (especially when using git) there's a
> sane way for one repository to depend upon a specific version of
> another repository, solving the potentional mismatches, only leaving
> open human errors.

There's a way involving submodules, but it's not pretty...

Essentially you'd have a single (git) repo, and have it use submodules
for each (package manager) repo with its metadata generated. But that
would need some kind of weird fancy syncer that we don't have...

Not really convinced it would work nicely.