[Exherbo-dev] Replacing categories take 27 zillion

Bryan Østergaard bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:43:42 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
<ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:16:44 +0100
> Bryan Østergaard <bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My vote would be for moving on with this idea and seeing how it'll
>> work out in practice. Any (good) reasons we shouldn't go on with this?
>
> Well... We still need to work out the on-disk layout.

I'm aware of that but the basic idea should be fine imo. Lets see how
some suggestions would look like for our current repositories.

Some quick numbers from the repositories I happen to have installed on
my laptop currently: (numbers represent packages in that repository)

arbor:394
alsa:6
ciaranm:8
ferdy:8
hardware:8
ingmar:47
kde:58
media:67
mozilla:4
perl:117
rbrown:21
scientific:8
spbecker:2
tanderson:11
texlive:3
x11:316
gnome:83
compnerd:61
office:9

So the biggest repositories we have atm is arbor with almost 400
packages and x11 with 316 packages. And most repositories are about
100 packages or even less.

Repositories like perl might get a lot bigger in the future of course
unless we create a magic CPANRepository.

Best Regards,
Bryan Østergaard