[Exherbo-dev] Replacing categories take 27 zillion

Wulf C. Krueger philantrop at exherbo.org
Sun Feb 15 00:25:54 GMT 2009

On Friday, 30. January 2009 21:50:44 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> Here's another idea:

All of that sounds good to me...

> * Name collisions that aren't caused by any of the above kind of things
>   get solved by giving one of the packages a different name.

... apart from this part.

Renaming packages is not really nice. After re-reading all threads about
categories and how to get rid of them, I couldn't find any really good
alternative either, though.
Neither do I have a good idea about this.

I think we all agree about finally getting rid of categories as we currently
use them, though, and we should really start doing something about them.

Best regards, Wulf