[Exherbo-dev] Test cave resolve
ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:43:40 BST 2009
It's time to test 'cave resolve'! Update Paludis, and then try the
* cave resolve world
* cave resolve world -c
* cave resolve world -z
* cave resolve world -e
along with anything else you can think of.
Note the following:
* --execute isn't implemented. You can't make 'cave resolve' do
anything just yet.
* if-same currently just does the same as if-same-version, rather than
checking option flags too.
* Exherbo only. There's no old style virtuals support, so don't bother
trying it on Gentoo.
* There's no chroot / binaries / destinations support either.
* There is no UI for error handling. If a required dep is masked, you'll
get a highly unhelpful InternalError.
* You will get lots of warnings about cycle breaking with -e. This is
to be expected. We don't currently bother finding the best way of
breaking a cycle, because I can't remember how you take the minimum
number of items from a collection of sets such that you have at least
one item from each set.
* Probably lots of other UI nastiness. You're not testing the UI.
You're testing the sanity of the basic resolver algorithm before we
go and hook all the candy and clever configuration options onto it.
* I ran out of pens.
If something weird happens, try --explain or --dump. If you think
you've found a problem, read the --dump to make sure you're not missing
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Exherbo-dev