[Exherbo-dev] hereenvd and friends, functions that take heredocs as input

Bo Ørsted Andresen bo.andresen at zlin.dk
Mon Oct 13 18:04:24 BST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 10:40:41 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
> > Hm, maybe heresbin/hereexe could be useful for wrappers and things like
> > that.
> >
> > Though, I don't have the slightest clue what hereman could be useful. Oo
>
> Wrappers should be handled by alternatives, right?

The most obvious use case off the top of my head is some game that requires a
~/.game to run properly. Then you can use herebin to create a wrapper that
detects if ~/.game exists with proper permissions and only start the game
when it does.

I do agree that at least hereinfo, hereman and heremo are hard to come up with
decent use cases for.

--
Bo Andresen