[Exherbo-dev] userpriv vs. checks

Bernd Steinhauser exherbo at bernd-steinhauser.de
Sat Jun 14 22:15:02 BST 2008

While I was working a bit on libusb and figuring out, why the tests
fail, on their page, it said, that you might have to run the tests as root.
Luckily, that wasn't the case, so in this case I might be able to
proceed without restricting the check runs.

But I have seen, that other exheres check for root and only run the
tests, if that check succeeds.
Now that means, that normally the checks aren't run.

Now in my opinion, the checks are more important than userpriv, but then
there is no point in disabling it all together.
So I was thinking, that there could be an option, to do the test (or
maybe parts of the tests?) as root.
That means, that the user can choose to:
- Run no tests (--checks none)
- Run all tests (--checks always)
- Run only non-root checks (--checks non-root) which is the default

Bernd