[Exherbo-dev] Some functions die, some don't

Bo Ørsted Andresen zlin at exherbo.org
Sat Jun 14 21:26:13 BST 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 01:49:41 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
> > I think the list of functions this would need to be done for is:
> >
> > dobin, doconfd, dodir, dodoc, doenvd, doexe, doinfo, doinitd, doins,
> > dolib, doman, domo, dosbin, dosym, emake.
> > newbin, newconfd, newdoc, newenvd, newexe, newinitd, newins, newlib.a.in,
> > newlib.so.in, newman, newsbin.
> >
> > I'm unsure about: fowners and fperms.
>
> List looks good to me. I'd add fowners and fperms as getting the
> owner/permissions right is often as important as installing the file
> (not much use installing if it can't be accessed after all).

So after finally figuring out that dobin_TEST was causing it to fail this has
finally been committed (including fowners and fperms).

Further die_unless_nonfatal and assert_unless_nonfatal has been added for use
in exlibs functions that we want to die by default and respect nonfatal. See
exheres-for-smarties on how to use these.

--
Bo Andresen