[Exherbo-dev] Extending -scm with upstream revision awareness
ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:07:17 BST 2008
Since some people have been asking about this... Here's how I'd see
upstream revision awareness being added to the -scm proposal.
* add src_fetch_extra or whatever to avoid doing the fetches in
* add pkg_scm_info. It outputs a string containing no spaces.
* When installing an scm package with suitable EAPI to VDB / exndbam,
rewrite the scm version to -scm at THE_INFO_OUTPUT.
* When doing a pretend install, consider reinstalling any scm package
that was installed more than $user_option ago, and mark it as "might
* When updating an scm package, do src_fetch_extra then pkg_scm_info.
At user option, if the pkg_scm_info value hasn't changed and it's a
reinstall, skip reinstalling.
* At user option, and not by default, do the fetch / info stage
*before* showing the "this is what we'll install" list.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Exherbo-dev