[Exherbo-dev] support dying in eclasses in global space

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Sun Jul 13 07:24:59 BST 2008

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, pioto at pioto.org wrote:

>> [[ -n "${REQUIRED_PARAMETER}" ]] || exerror "Expected REQUIRED_PARAMETER
>> to be set, but it isnt"
>
> maybe add an EXLIB_REQUIRED_PARAMS metadata key as well, to do that above
> line for each listed var in builtin_metadata ?

Well, this was just an example (as it is what prompted this suggestion).  The
actual goal would be something more generic, namely the ability to "die" in
global space in an exlib.

> That function warning wouldn't show up at metadata cache generation time
> unless that function is actually called in the global scope. For such
> warnings, it might be nice to have them (optionally) logged somewhere else
> (like /var/log/paludis-warnings.log). Otherwise I don't know if devs would
> necessarily see them (kinda like the QA warnings portage does).

This is meant for global space.  Regardless, those should be logged.

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org