[Exherbo-dev] Icky hacks

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 14:51:06 BST 2008

For places where we need icky hacks for now... How about an icky-hacks
exlib in arbor? That way they're all somewhere where we can find them
and fix them at a later date...

First candidate is working out whether or not we're installed when in a
phase like pkg_info. There're a few ways of doing this... We could:

* rely upon env preservation and set vars we can look at. dleverton
seems to like this. I hate it because it's perverse and will probably
break.

* has_version "=${CATEGORY}/${PNVR}:${SLOT}::${REPOSITORY}", which
would mean we'd have to enable ::repo deps for exheres (they're
currently disabled because they don't do what people expect in
DEPENDENCIES, and because no-one thought of a legitimate use case
previously).

* get the package manager to tell you. This is probably the eventual
solution.

This gets even messier when binaries come along, and we don't know how
that'll be solved yet.

So... icky-hacks.exlib:

icky_install_status() {
    # echo "installed at ${ROOT}" or "source-id" or "binary-id"
}