[Exherbo-dev] [git at git.exherbo.org: [exherbo-commits] gnome.git -- packages/x11-misc/shared-mime-info/ by Saleem Abdulrasool]

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Tue Aug 19 03:46:51 BST 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Markus Rothe wrote:

> > Module:    gnome.git
> > Branch:    master
> > Commit:    de382bd010527bc5b23a1f26a7a3e39a6990cce4
> >
> > Author:    Saleem Abdulrasool <compnerd at exherbo.org>
> > Committer: Saleem Abdulrasool <compnerd at exherbo.org>
> > Date:      Sun Aug 17 14:55:59 2008 -0700
> >
> > ----
> >
> > add x11-misc/shared-mime-info
> >
> > ----
>
> Hello Saleem,

Hi.

> wasn't there an agreement, that *-misc categories are 'bad'?

Yes, all the exherbo developers are on agreement that *-misc is a terrible
category name.  Ingmar and I have been discussing an alternative, of
freedesktop, though have some concerns about the number of packages that may end
up in that category.  It is there temporarily, and will eventually be moved.
The reason for using x11-misc at this time though was more so as there is an
existing version of this package, which was in this category.

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org