[Exherbo-dev] Renaming

Benjamin R. Haskell exherbo at benizi.com
Mon Aug 18 04:42:37 BST 2008

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, David Leverton wrote:

> 1) The licenses directory is now known as licences
> 2) The LICENSE variable is now known as LICENCES
> 3) The SRC_URI variable is now known as SOURCES
>
> Enjoy.

It's highly nit-picky, but since the other traffic on this list seems to
indicate movement toward a non-{Exherbo developers-only} release, I
couldn't resist sending this.

I find it annoying that you settled on the British, variant spelling of
'license(s)'. Google puts license over licence at a ratio of 5-or-6 to 1
(5:1 pluralized [+licenses/+licences], 6:1 singular [+license/+license])
and that jumps to 100:1 if you include software (software +license vs.
software +licence).

(sorry if this is just noise)
Best,
Ben