[Exherbo-dev] I broke everything, and you get to fix it

Mike Kelly pioto at pioto.org
Tue Aug 5 11:46:52 BST 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 05:06:22 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:53:26 +0100
> Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > * Go through your repositories and sed DESCRIPTION to SUMMARY. I've
> > done arbor, and probably broken stuff in the process. I've also done
> > ciaranm
>
> ...and as an example of how to use the new metadata, with per-package
> exlibs (which I suggest calling 'common-metadata.exlib' in every
> case):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6olrln

How would things work if you had, say:

exlibs/common-metadata.exlib:
  BUGS_TO="me"

packages/some-cat/exlibs/common-metadata.exlib:
  BUGS_TO="someone else"

pacakges/some-cat/package/exlibs/common-metadata.exlib:
  HOMEPAGE=....

I would think it might be useful to have per-category and
per-repository defaults for some of these fields (like BUGS_TO). Right
now, does require just source the 'best' exlib found? Or does it source
them in some sort of order?

--
Mike Kelly