[Exherbo-dev] I broke everything, and you get to fix it

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 5 05:06:22 BST 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:53:26 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> * Go through your repositories and sed DESCRIPTION to SUMMARY. I've
> done arbor, and probably broken stuff in the process. I've also done
> ciaranm

...and as an example of how to use the new metadata, with per-package
exlibs (which I suggest calling 'common-metadata.exlib' in every case):

http://tinyurl.com/6olrln

I nicked DESCRIPTION from upstream, so it's slightly incoherent.

If you can do per-${PV} changelog and notes easily, it's worth doing
so. But if it isn't easy, or if you're working with an scm package,
don't bother.