[Exherbo-dev] I broke everything, and you get to fix it

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:53:26 BST 2008

Paludis a13d7d63e7c9b2 breaks your metadata. Before you continue,
you'll need to:

* Update Paludis.

* Go through your repositories and sed DESCRIPTION to SUMMARY. I've
done arbor, and probably broken stuff in the process. I've also done
ciaranm, except I can't push it because somebody needs to be taken out
and beaten in the face with a rusty spade.

Seriously. It isn't funny. Fix your frickin' scripts. Don't make me
bring out the Hitler again.

Other repos have not been done.

* Make really really sure your metadata cache is clean. I arbitrarily
renumbered some keys whilst I was at it just to make your life
difficult.

* You'll get odd behaviour on installed stuff, since it'll have
DESCRIPTION but not SUMMARY. Reinstall stuff to fix it.