[Exherbo-dev] baselayout and/or alternatives

Mike Kelly pioto at pioto.org
Wed Oct 3 15:02:57 BST 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:10:43 +0200
"Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri at exherbo.org> wrote:

> What features do you all hate, love, miss? I think that's the most
> important question right now.

Hate: sucky hotplug support

Love: network configuration (very flexible & powerful)

I guess those two things are the same for many of us. In regards to the
networking stuff, how do Debian and Ubuntu handle it? IIRC, Ubuntu uses
NetworkManager, but at least the few times I've tried it out, it just
breaks everything. I kinda like the idea of just forking the networking
stuff from baselayout (so, as I understand, pretty much just the stuff
in /lib/rcscripts/net/* and /etc/init.d/net.lo).

--
Mike Kelly