[paludis-user] Upgrade virtual/* deps

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 13 22:53:44 UTC 2013

Hi all

Recently I found an issue when trying to update Gentoo machine which had not been updated for while.
Quite naturally a lot of packages were updated in Gentoo tree comparing to what is installed.

Now a lot of dependencies are in form of virtual/something.
And it looks like "cave resolve" (without --lazy) for those dependencies does not want to update them.
Even though a new version exists.

Does it look strange only to me or there is some reason for that?
You can use virtual/libusb-1 and www-client/chromium for a test case.

And if that is by design, how I can make cave update those dependencies?

P.S.
I am on Gentoo x86, paludis v1.0.0

Denis Golovan