[paludis-user] plaudis hooks question

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Wed Mar 13 13:42:52 UTC 2013

2013/3/13 David Carlos Manuelda <stormbyte at gmail.com>:
> I think that if you don't want development stuff (headers, extra libs, etc)
> you don't have to chose a source based distro.

Source based distro very useful for build own system with stuff only
needed, for example i don't need avahi, bonjur, tracker and other
stuff, but for example ubuntu/debian build own packages with this
libraries and dependecies grown, sometimes (kde for example) i have
many processes that i don't need and that eat my memory and cpu....
Why not use source based distro and great exherbo power to build only
binaries and libraries that i need and use it on my notebook?

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru
jabber: vase at selfip.ru