[paludis-user] Paludis/transaction merging

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Wed May 2 08:41:48 UTC 2012

> > You'd need a lot more help from the filesystem than anything currently
> > offers. You would have to have a way of merging changes on / and
> > changes in the chroot in a way that respects what would have happened
> > had we been working directly on /, and that's really not easy to do.

Yes, I see your point.
For the ideal correct solution, handling conflicts like that is necessary.
But for practical purposes, I think it is a possible way.

I think someone already asked a similar question here - http://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01327.html Looks like with the help of inotify interface it is possible to "control" those dishonest attempt to break things.

> > What you could do... Is build your chroot, using via-binary, and then
> > install the binaries you make to /.

Hm. I don't really get it.
Should I "build chroot" using the entire copy of my root?

Denis Golovan aka MageSlayer