[paludis-user] Paludis/transaction merging

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 20:41:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:26:00 +0400
denisgolovan <denisgolovan at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Can we make it happen?
> I think we can make something similar with the help of aufs and a bit
> of help from cave.

You'd need a lot more help from the filesystem than anything currently
offers. You would have to have a way of merging changes on / and
changes in the chroot in a way that respects what would have happened
had we been working directly on /, and that's really not easy to do.

What you could do... Is build your chroot, using via-binary, and then
install the binaries you make to /.