[paludis-user] Zlib upgrade, dependency problems

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:13:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:14:35 +0100
Petr Gregor <gregy at gregy.cz> wrote:
> > Well you should provide the 'cave show -c -R' output, since looking
> > at the ebuilds won't tell you if something has changed in the
> > ebuild since you installed it.
>
> Right, sorry, it didn't occur to me because it looked the same.
> http://paste2.org/p/1905798

The issue here is that || dependencies don't mean quite what people
sometimes think. There's no guarantee that it's safe to switch a ||
dependency on an installed package (because people use || for things
that link), so it's being considered unsafe. You'll need to either
reinstall or permit breakages on those packages.