[paludis-user] new Gentoo install without portage?

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:59:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:54:04 +0100
Alexander SCHMID <asnovember at yahoo.de> wrote:
> > http://paludis.pioto.org/faq/howdoi.html#removeportage
> >
> > It can be done, but it's probably not worth the effort...
>
> ok, thank you, than I will install my new Gentoo as usual.
>
> At which install point can I change to paludis? After copying the
> portage snapshot? Or later?

Last time I did a Gentoo install, the quickest way to get Paludis was
to use a stage 3, use Portage to install vim, use vim to edit config
files, then use Portage to upgrade gcc then install Paludis, then
rewrite configs from scratch to avoid any taint of Portageisms.

Depending upon what's in the stages these days, you may or may not have
to do more or less than that.