[paludis-user] new Gentoo install without portage?

Alexander SCHMID asnovember at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 26 18:18:06 UTC 2011

Hi!

My old Gentoo installation was broken by a failed update install of glibc. I
have tried a lot to fix this but I always get segmentation fault errors. A new
installation of the corrupted programs does not help, the errors recur.

Now I'm in the "mood" to install a new Gentoo an my system on a separate HDD. ;-)

Is it possible to install Gentoo on a blank HDD without using portage, only
paludis as the package manager? Is there anywhere a Howto for my purpose? I have
only found the way from migrating from portage to paludis.

Thanx & Ciao,
aleX!