[paludis-user] cave purge - failed: pygments-0.9

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:40:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:32:11 +0100
Alexander SCHMID <asnovember at yahoo.de> wrote:
> When I try to use paludis instead of cave I get a Segmentation fault.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. I'll need a gdb backtrace rather than
strace for that (which means you'll need to build Paludis with -ggdb3 in
CXXFLAGS, and with build_options set appropriately, if you haven't
already).

The easiest way to get a backtrace is probably to do:

    $ cave uninstall blah --perform-program 'gdb --args cave perform' -x
    (gdb) run
    (gdb) thread apply all bt

since it sounds like it's the perform process that's barfing rather
than the main program.