[paludis-user] Removal of deprecated clients

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:07:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:25:41 -0500 (EST)
"Benjamin R. Haskell" <paludis at benizi.com> wrote:
> I was going to suggest s/paludis\.pioto\.org/paludis.org/g, but now
> I'm not sure -- most links I see still use the .pioto. portion, but
> that might just be from inertia.

paludis.org was registered by someone "trying to be helpful"... Don't
use it.

> 1. Is there a particular order being applied to the list of manpages
> on http://paludis.org/clients/cave.html ?  I was confused to not find
> cave-resolve after the long string of cave-print-{etc.} commands, but
> then realized it wasn't in alphabetical order.

'Useful' commands first, followed by internals / scripting commands /
rare commands.

It's supposed to look like 'man git', with the list of commands and
their short descriptions in the main man page, but the way we create
man pages in versions before 0.60 makes that too much of a pain to
implement.

> 2. It'd be nice if cave-help would show the summary given in the
> general listing when provided with a specific subcommand:

To be honest I'm not sure that 'cave help' should even exist...