[paludis-user] euse alternative

Vít Vomáčko linux.vomacko at seznam.cz
Tue May 4 15:03:06 UTC 2010

Hi there,
I’m long time Gentoo user and I am pretty used to using the „euse“ command.
It has 3 modes, which are important to me :
Show useflag info:
euse -i idn
global use flags (searching: idn)
[+ C ] idn - Enable support for Internationalized Domain Names
==========
Enable global useflag:
euse -E idn
/etc/make.conf was modified, a backup copy has been placed at /etc/make.conf.euse_backup
Disable global useflag:
euse -D idn
/etc/make.conf was modified, a backup copy has been placed at /etc/make.conf.euse_backup
====
This is too easy for me to do this action package independent like "www-servers/lighttpd php fastcgi memcache" in /etc/portage/package.use
====
Here comes my question, since I don’t want to use make.conf from portage and I like to switch into paludis, this euse tool is no longer suitable for me. (And I don't want to run portage→paludis converting scripts every time I change USE-flag).

IS there any alternative to use when working with Paludis? It's probably last thing, which blocks me to fully get into Paludis usage..I know that these things can be done differently in Paludis, that's why I am open to every help or suggestion.

Thx Whiteagle