[paludis-user] build paludis with clang

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:10:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:59:16 +0100
Eduardo Suarez-Santana <esuarez at itccanarias.org> wrote:
> I used Erik Hahn's bashrc to deal with per package compiler (just gcc
> or icc) and compiler flags. I'd love to see paludis/EAPI supporting a
> compiler setting.

How would that work? Setting a compiler's just a case of either
exporting a few environment files or running a small shell script that
your distribution should provide. About all EAPI compiler awareness
could reasonably do is provide a way for packages to flag that they
require a particular compiler -- and if you're going through and doing
that, once clang becomes a viable option, it will probably just be
easier to fix the packages in question...