[paludis-user] Read the post installation messages

Damian damian.only at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:35:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Richard Freeman
<r-paludis at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>>
>> Is there any tool to read the messages stored in /var/log/paludis? I
>> would like to see the unread messages, and delete them as I see they
>> are not interesting. cat or less are not good enough for these
>> purposes.
>>
>> In other words, what do you use for this purpose?
>>

> There is a log-mailer hook for paludis floating around that you might try
> searching for.  Apparently there is some bad blood with the people who
> maintained it and the people who maintain paludis due to some bugs, but as
> far as I can tell the log mailer hook works fine.  Use at your own risk...
Thanks Richard. If not with log mailer hook, I'll try with some other
kind of hook. But I cannot imagine what do the rest of the people do
with these logs. As I said, reading them with less, one by one, is
very annoying.

I can do a script to take care of this, but I thought that may be
somebody already did something similar.

Regards,
Damian.