[paludis-user] Paludis, ext4, delayed allocation, zero file length

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:31:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:25:48 +0200
Rodolphe Rocca <maitrechang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, it's unrelated. We don't fsync anything, at all.
>
> I'm not not a filesystem expert but isn't it the problem ?

No. There's absolutely no need to call fsync in normal cases. The only
time you call fsync is if you need to get some kind of synchronisation
between two different processes.

Your problem is that you killed your system in the middle of doing
something. That will cause breakage regardless of what an application
does.