[paludis-user] Unconditional uninstallation of configuration files

Sergey Zolotorev sergey.zolotorev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:56:54 UTC 2009

Thank you for "find_unmanaged_files.rb" but I known about it... =)

This script find ALL unmanaged - for example /etc/fstab. For example I
don not know is it /etc/cron.daily/foo was installed by some (already
uninstalled) package or was in stage archive (and needed by system).

Now I think about using CONFIG_PROTECTION_MASK with "/etc" value and
manual merging all configs. But it seems hard and very-very ugly. :(

BTW, on *unmerging phase* Paludis displays "cfg" mark against
filename/dirname... Is it possible to create hook to catch this output
and remove (or just move into a some storage outside /etc) these
'protected' files?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:36 AM, ra <r_a at lavabit.com> wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009 22:23:20 Sergey Zolotorev wrote:
>> Sometime I install some software just to try out it... Very often
>> these packages installs many configs under /etc directory. On
>> uninstalling of these packages Paludis leaves tons of cruft in /etc.
>> So question is how I can tell (maybe I should to write hook for this?)
>> Paludis to remove this cruft?
>
> /usr/share/paludis/ruby/demos/find_unmanaged_files.rb
>
> hth
>
> --
> plain text within encrypted emails preferred

Sergey Zolotorev