[paludis-user] Purpose of new checking phase?

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:34:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:31:23 -0400 (EDT)
"Benjamin R. Haskell" <paludis at benizi.com> wrote:
> What is paludis actually doing during the new "Checking for possible
> errors......" step?

Checking digests of things that have already been downloaded.

> It adds about a twelve-minute delay to paludis -i world on my
> netbook.

That doesn't sound right. Just how much stuff are you reinstalling?

> But why?  And can I disable it?

The checks have always been done, and are necessary. We've just moved
them to take place at pretend-install time, rather than after you've
left your computer.