[paludis-user] Purpose of new checking phase?

Benjamin R. Haskell paludis at benizi.com
Tue Apr 14 16:31:23 UTC 2009

What is paludis actually doing during the new "Checking for possible
errors......" step?  It adds about a twelve-minute delay to paludis -i
world on my netbook.  (The initial decision on what to install appears to
be done in about two minutes, for comparison.)  I see in the xterm title
that it's "Pretending for cat/pack..." for each of the 328 packages it's
installing.  (Would be nice to actually print something to the console.)
But why?  And can I disable it?

Best,
Ben