[paludis-user] reconcilio and SEARCH_DIRS_MASK

Renat Golubchyk ragermany at gmx.net
Sat Apr 11 21:39:07 UTC 2009

I've investigated a little further, so I'm replying to myself now.

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:17:13 +0200 Renat Golubchyk <ragermany at gmx.net>
wrote:
> Obviously, /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin doesn't get checked
> by reconcilio. I haven't found any file under /etc where
> /usr/lib*/openoffice gets appended to SEARCH_DIRS_MASK.

Looking at the source code of reconcilio I noticed
that /usr/lib*/openoffice gets added to SEARCH_DIRS_MASK as a default
(src/clients/reconcilio/broken_linkage_finder/configuration.cc, line 293).
It's hardcoded right into the programme.

Excuse me, but what's the point? I understand that openoffice is a big
package and that its recompilation would need a lot of time and space.
But why should I have to inspect openoffice binaries manually in order
to find out that it has to be recompiled? Doesn't it defeat the purpose
of having a client that is supposed to find and rebuild packages with
broken linkage?

Correct me if I'm wrong but users of app-office/openoffice-bin do not
have to be protected from themselves because openoffice-bin ebuilds
install appropriate file into /etc/revdep-rebuild/ .

Good night,
Renat

--
Gone crazy. Will be back soon.